The Print Shop puts each page object
on its own layer. Layer order determines which objects display on
top of other objects if they overlap. You can change an object's
layer by clicking on the Change object layer icon
Gallery or by right-clicking on the object itself (Ctrl-click on
- The most recently placed page objects will have a higher layer
order and therefore display on top of older page objects by
- All objects will display on top of the background image.
To adjust layers:
- Select the object to adjust.
- Choose Arrange > Order
from the menu and click on the desired action or right-click on the
object and select the action from the pop-up menu.
- Bring to Front - Places the object on top of all other
- Send to Back - Places the object behind all other objects.
- Bring Forward - Moves the object up one layer.
- Send Backward - Pushes the object back one layer.
If you are trying to move an object
above/below another object, you may need to choose an action
several times before you see the desired effect, especially when
there are many objects on the page.
- Click on the Layers icon located in the Gallery on the right
side of the software.
- From this screen, you can see all your objects and easily
change the layer order.
When you have a project that includes
multiple pages it can be useful to include page numbers. You can
enable page numbering by clicking Page Numbering from the Arrange
Menu. You will be able to set location, font style, font size, font
color, and starting page. To disable or change page numbers click
Page Numbering from the Arrange Menu.
Objects Spanning Page Spreads
- Make sure your album is in Spread mode and
that you have at least three pages in addition to the Front and
- Place an object in the middle of two pages. (Excluding the
Front and Back pages)
- Right-click on the object and choose Span