Grouping objects will fix the position
of objects in relation to one another so that you can edit them
without changing their position relative to each other (e.g. a
photo and a caption). It also makes it easy to move, rotate, and
resize multiple objects at once.
To group objects:
- Select all of the objects to be grouped (see Selecting
- Choose Arrange > Group
from the menu.
To edit grouped objects:
- Moving a Group: Click on the group to move and hold the mouse
button down. While holding the mouse button and dragging, the group
may be placed anywhere on the page. A light gray outline of the
object will assist in placing the group properly.
- Resizing a Group: Drag one of the light gray handles (small
boxes) that appear at the edge of the group. Corner handles resize
the group proportionally, while side handles stretch out a single
- Rotating a Group: Hover the mouse above one of the corners of
the group until you see a circular arrow cursor. Click and hold
down the left mouse button and then drag the mouse to rotate the
group. Release the mouse to fix the rotation.
- Exact Editing: Right-click on the group and choose Edit Object.
This will open the Object Settings window. See the instructions for
topic under Editing Photos for more information about the options
in the Object Settings window.
To ungroup objects, click on the
object group and choose Arrange >
Ungroup from the menu.