The Page Canvas provides a few object
editing functions in addition to the functions described in the Working
with Page Objects topic.
Click with the right mouse button on
an object to bring up the following menu:
- Bring to Front - Places the object on top of all other
- Send to Back - Places the object behind all other objects.
- Bring Forward - Moves the object up one layer.
- Send Backward - Pushes the object back one layer.
- Align - Provides the following options for aligning objects
with each other or the page:
- Top: Aligns all selected objects to the topmost object on the
- Middle: Lines up the vertical middle of each selected
- Bottom: Aligns all selected objects to the bottommost object on
- Left: Aligns all selected objects to the leftmost object on the
- Center: Lines up the horizontal center of each selected
- Right: Aligns all selected objects to the rightmost object on
- Center Vertical on Page: Places all selected objects in the
vertical center of the page.
- Center Horizontal on Page: Places all selected objects in the
horizontal center of the page.
- Space Evenly - Horizontal: Arranges the currently selected
objects so that they all have the same amount of horizontal space
- Space Evenly - Vertical: Arranges the currently selected
objects so that they all have the same amount of vertical space
- Group - Fixes the position of objects in relation to one
another so that they can be moved, resized, and rotated without
changing their position relative to each other.
- Ungroup - Returns a group of objects to individual
- Cut - Removes a page object from the page, but saves it in
memory so that it may be pasted to another location.
- Copy - Saves a page object in memory so that it may be pasted
to another location.
- Edit Object - Opens the Object Settings window, allowing you to
change the size and position of the object.
- Delete - Removes a page object from the project.
- Lock Object - Fixes the position and size of the currently
selected page object so that it cannot be edited.
Double-click a photo to open the crop
function (see Crop).
Double-click a text box to change the
text (see Editing
Double-click on headlines to open the
headline effects window. See the Headline Effects topic for more
Double-click a calendar to open the
Calendar Settings window. See the Calendar Settings topic for more
Double-click clip art or shapes to
open the Object Settings window. See the description of the Object
Settings functions in the Edit topic in the Shapes area for more